I got disenchanted with commercially available
scorps a long time ago. They really didn't work well, were
difficult to sharpen, and, above all, were beyond my students'
budgets. So, I began making scorps that were free and required
about an hour and a half to make at the forge and bench.
In the photo is one I made about 30 years ago
that I have used often with great success. The steel blade is no
more than a repurposed rusty and wornout file and the wooden
part is a walnut scrap.
There are a bunch of these running around
because several students have copied mine and have gotten good
service out of their scorps.