The lighting doesn't pick up the red tint. They are all the same nice red hue.
Day 9 was all about prototyping the seat.
After a number of false starts, it looks like I hit upon a good solution. But
they are going to take quite a while to create I didn't take a lot of pictures
as I was concentrating on the design.
Final design prototype on the workbench.
Now atop of one of the chairs. I'll be rounding over the ends as well.
I believe it works and I did sit and bounce on it while it wasn't attached. It
held my large frame so I don't see a problem with strength. I will be making a
saddle to mount the seat to the frame but that's a job for tomorrow.
However... After sleeping on this design I realized that the design of the seat
just didn't sit right with me (pun Intended).
I didn't like a number of things about it including the size, seat shape and,
most importantly, the appearance. So I decided to try another idea which I am
more pleased with.
Cutting new shoulders and trimming them to size.
Drilling the 1/2" mortises.
My new idea is taking shape.
Visit our advertisers to help with a costs of maintaining this site!