Day 7 - Gluing the pieces
I started gluing the long sections first. When all gluing was done I started
putting the small rails on and constructing the chair. I trimmed the glue
squeeze out on the first two chairs. Then I stained the first two chairs with
Tomorrow I'll stain the last three chairs and make a proto of the chair top. Not
a lot of pictures today as it was all a rehash of previous days.
Paring the insides of the mortises to make sure of a clean fit.
Two of the fours sets of legs.
The two sets stained. It evens out the mismatched colors nicely and,
more importantly, it's the color my wonderful wife likes.
Two stained and three will be ready for staining tomorrow.
Day 8 was short and sweet. I got off to a late start (business work got
in the way) and I started by cleaning off all the glue squeeze out and then
staining of all chairs.
I was getting ready to start on the seat, when the grandkids came over, and as
we all know they took precedence over everything else.
First three sets stained. The forth, highest in the middle, is the prototype
which will, most likely, stay with me in the workshop unless needed around the
table for a guest.
Visit our advertisers to help with a costs of maintaining this site!