Prototype clamped up - I like it!
After making the prototype I decided to dimension needed materials. I started by
cutting to length and ripping the legs to width from some 8/4 X 12 Mahogany.
Thank goodness I have sharp saws and a nice saw bench.
Then I laid out the mortises which took some time as I had to account for the
angles cut in the legs.
I then dimensioned the side pieces. I was able to get everything from one piece
on 8/4 X12"X12' mahogany and some cutoffs I had in the shop left over from the
Adirondack chair set project.
Legs cut to size and ready for the ends to be cut at 7 degrees. That's a Stanley
Mitre Box and Disston saw - Oldies but Goodies.
Setting the mitre saw's angle - old meets new.
Cutting the ends - notice the block to ensure repeated cuts.
This will be very important when I start on the cross member tenons.
After re-sawing - cleaning saw marks.
Visit our advertisers to help with a costs of maintaining this site!